Monday, March 13, 2017

Working on a new chair design

I had the basic idea for a new dining chair design, but lots of things need to be worked out to finalize the concept before making anything that I would want someone to use.  First I made a chair out of black and red painted cardboard to work out some basic proportions.  I could sit in it to see how I liked the size.

Next I have made a prototype out of some Pine and upholstery materials, further developing some design details and enabling me to much better see how I like the seating comfort aspect as a dining chair.

I still need to make some design changes, particularly the front legs which seem rather stiff to me, but overall I am pleased with how the chair is turning out.  The seating is quite comfortable, upright enough for dining, but also relaxing.  I feel pretty confident at this stage to go on and make a chair that I can exhibit and hopefully someone will decide that they want to own and use it.  I hope to show a final chair in a later photo.






Final Completed Chair


4 comments:

Vicky Yao Home Decor said...

Vicky Yao Home Decor is also a furniture maker that provides a variety of bespoke furniture of your choice. Just visit us and place an order!

Mohit said...


I would like to suggest for Destiny Seatings - leading canteen furnitures suppliers in Gurgaon. For more details, visit
office furniture in India | office furniture | office furniture Supplier | office furniture Manufacturer in India | office furniture Manufacturer

Ankit said...

If you are looking for home improvement items. So, we would like to highly recommend visiting Destiny Seatings websites and ordering furniture. Here good and high-quality furniture is available.
office furniture in noida | bestoffice furniture in noida | top office furniture in noida | restaurant furniture in noida

Anonymous said...

l resent people advertising on Dennis‘ site, even if he does not. Life is difficult enough as a furniture maker without the theft of customers.